Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Hello - April 28, 2014

Thanks for the photos! It sounds like you all had a fun time yesterday
with the family. I would have loved to have been there!
It is fun to hear about the cake! And knowing Kathy, I bet that she
would not hold on to her vow of never making another cake again for very
long. Didn’t know we had electric knives :)

Grandpa and Grandma look super happy in that picture. I am glad that
they are doing well. And I wish Grandma a Happy Birthday!

This week started out super hard. They have two weeks of vacation for
Easter (well, the Holy Week as they celebrate it here) and it was
super hard to find people, and especially new people to teach. It
dragged by super slowly for the first part of the week, but decided to
go to work during the last part of the week and started contacting
everyone we saw in the streets. Eventually, after an entire week of
what felt like nothing, we see the blessings. We were about to contact
a man on his porch, when we went inside and called his wife, who right
away invites us in. We chatted for a little while, meanwhile scanning
the house and walls for an image of the Virgin, Saints, a Bible,
something, but there wasn’t anything. It was perfect. It was like they
were already members, just that they lacked the Gospel. We shared the
entire first lesson, (a little rusty since we hadn’t been able to in a
while :), invited them to pray, and to be baptized on June 7, and the
family accepted! We could all feel the spirit super strongly, and by
the end of the Lesson, Beatriz, the wife, just simply commented: Que
Bonita. How Beautiful. It is a marvelous opportunity to teach an
entire family! We ended the lesson with a prayer, which Beatriz
offered. It was super short and super powerful she began to cry when
she thanked the Lord for sending his Messengers to teach the
truth. It was an answer to many prayers after a hard week.
Sadly, they did not attend church yesterday, but we are super excited
to keep teaching them. Elder Bautista is a little sad, because he is
going to leave the area! It is time for Exchanges! Sunday night we get
a phone call from our District Leader, to tell us if we are going to
stay in the area or leave. I am staying. Elder Bautista is leaving.
Tomorrow, when everyone gets together in the offices, we will find out
our new companions.

That means that I am losing my trainer, and will be the one who knows
the area! And everyone keeps telling me that I am going to train! I
feel like I still lack a lot of experience and skills, but we will see
what will happen. It will be an opportunity for me to rely on the
Lord, and to learn a lot. I truly am sad to see Elder Bautista leave;
he is the only companion I have had on the mission (other than the
MTC). I hope that we can have a fresh new start with this Exchange. I
have a lot of mixed feelings right now, but we will see what will
happens tomorrow!

I send my Love!,
Elder Redford

P.S. Thanks Dad for your Letter!


No comments:

Post a Comment