Friday, January 30, 2015

Week 2 in MA - January 19, 2015

There is a running joke here. Less Active in Spanish is Menos Activo, and our area abbreviates to MA 1.2. So, we are the misioneros MA (Menos Activos), or, the Less Active Missionaries :) 
The Ward is bigger, yes. And we never have to worry about going hungry, they feed us a lot here :) Just like my last ward, we have 4 missionaries in the ward, but 2 are sister missionaries, and they like to joke around a lot. Hence the whole MA thing :) 

My companion, I have decided, reminds me of uncle Noel as a missionary. He looks like him, talks like him, thinks like him. sorta :) I still don’t have a picture yet :) 

Well this week was better than last. I am getting used to things, such as the area and my district. We doubled the amount of lessons we had this week compared with the last week, so that was good. Still no one in church though, we are working on that. 

The week was rainy at first, but now it is actually a little hot. I like it much better than the cold. But the cold will return :) That is how the weather is here. It is super cold for a week, then we have some hot days, then it goes back to being cold :) It is much worse than Utah :) 

I feel like I am here in this area to develop as a person (maybe as in Leader) than to really baptize. That is the emphasis I am feeling. Learning diligence, Leadership skills, being direct, making decisions. But I hope that we can found some good people to teach as well; I have  yet to grow to love one of our investigators, which is usually what happens and motivates me to work to teach them; which is something I miss. I hope we can figure out what we need to do to find the Eligidos (chosen), and bring them this awesome gospel! But, I feel much more relaxed than the first week, it is just a matter of pushing through and doing my  best :) I love that we made arrangements with the Elders Quorum President in the Ward to work with him to find people; I have some high hopes there. I also bought a box of UNO cards today, maybe a way to unstress in the little free time I have :)

I am not sure I have some awesome stories to tell... just talking to people and trying to teach them and doing leader-y things. I'm going to give a Training tomorrow, probably on doing street contacts, as we having a hard time with that, so we will see how it goes. 

It is exciting to hear that Thomas is going to church, and that the basement is coming along! 

Hey, and I was SO very super excited to hear about how ShayLynn got her Patriarchal Blessing!!!!! I wish I could have been there. Sounds like the Lord has many good things for you to do, and  many blessings as well. Now I want to read my own again :) What a blessing it is to have one! 

Thanks for all your love and support, say Hi to everyone for me! 

Love, 

Elder Hayden Redford


No comments:

Post a Comment