Monday, May 18, 2015

Temple - Good Week - May 7, 2015

We went to the Temple today! It was a good experience, really enjoyed it.

This was a long week, I had two companion exchanges, one with my district leader Elder Bravo and another with my Zone Leader Elder Pendleton, whom I just love :) 

With Elder Pendleton we spent the entire morning knocking doors (we can do that now) and inviting people to baptism right then and there on their doorstep. It was really cool. I felt like I was fulfilling my calling, because I wasn’t just contacting, but teaching basically a lesson at the same time :) It was really cool, and good experience. 

We have kept on visiting our amigo Luis, the recent convert with cancer, and he is super awesome. He gave me a seashell as a gift from the first time he went to the ocean. He doesn’t have much, so it really meant a lot to me. 

Things have been picking up, we are having more lessons in a day and finding new people, so that is cool. We are pretty sure that the two of us are going to leave in a week with Transfers though. We were told that we are here temporarily, so we will see what happens. I have 4 more transfers left.... what does president have in store for me?

On Sunday I didn’t have to give a talk or teach a class :) But! I was able to see Ivon, an investigator from my last (not so far away) area, get baptized! I was a spiritual experience, her whole family came to support her and see, the ward did a wonderful job to make her feel accepted into the ward (especially the young women) and I hope they can keep fellowshipping her so that she can keep faithful and develop a testimony of her own. 

Yesterday was cool, because Hermana Olga, a recent convert of Elder Pendleton's. signed herself up to feed us lunch! We always eat with the members, but I have never eaten with a convert so recent before, and it was a lot of fun. She is always so happy and bubbly and was just thrilled the whole time. She didn’t want us to leave. :) It was a fun experience :) 

Our Zone Leader talked to us about how important our attitude is, and Elder Pendleton and I have been trying to figure out the relationship between making our decisions and taking initiative and following the spirit and such, so as I have tried to apply these things, I have seen good results. I said to myself yesterday, picking a certain area that we were going to work in, 'there is someone here that will listen to us, and I am going to keep contacting and knocking doors until I find them.' And then we found one, a pretty cool young man name Tomas :) Our attitude has a HUGE part in our lives :) 

Say congrats to Noel for me, and I am glad that ShayLynn was able to go to Prom and have a good time :) 

Love you all and wish a great rest of the week! 

Talk to you on Sunday Mom! 


Elder Hayden Redford

No comments:

Post a Comment