Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 27, 2013

Wow. Thank you all so much for your email! I can truly feel your love from here, and it is strong :) 

Holy cow Megan, you have read a lot so far!  

Thank you Haylee for your Love pictures ;) 

This Saturday was great. I had my first baptism! Erendira and her son Edgar were baptised this past Saturday at 5;30 pm. They were really excited, and really ready for it too. I felt really happy to hear Edgar say that he wanted me to baptize him. And it was in Spanish too! I had to baptize him twice, because his foot popped up  ;) 

My Companion Elder Baptista was able to baptise his mother, Erendira. She needed up swallowing some water, and came up chocking. She was ok though, and could still feel the peace and happiness of the Spirit. We forgot to practice with them beforehand, which was our bad.  

And yes, we had an indoor font with warm water :)

We also plan on having another baptismal service for another investigator on the 8th of February!

Attached is a picture that we took at the baptism. I love it so much, because 
almost everyone I have grown to love is in it.  

Left to Right, Top to Bottom:
 Elder Aguilar and Elder Ramirez, Hna and Hno Villasana (who is the ward Mission Leader), me (can you tell? ;) ) Erendira, her daughter Brenda, Edgar (whom I baptised), Elder Bautista (mi compañero), Elder Needham (Elder Bautista´s trainer), Hna Mary Delgado, 2 daughters I believe of the Villasana Family, Elder Tenorio (Comp of Needham), Hno Rafa Delgado, Peluchón their dog (who follows us everywhere), Edgar (not the Edgar I baptised ;) a recent convert), Rosalinda Marthell (an investigator whom we plan to baptize 8 Feb! ), and Hna Ortiz, the wife of the Bishop. 

This Friday was great. It was my first Intercambio.... hmm... I don´t know the word in English :P ... Companion Exchange I believe. Our District Leader was my companion for a day. I stayed in my area with Elder Hood our district Leader, and Elder Baptista worked in Elder Hood´s area with Elder Nay, who is also a new missionary. Since I stayed here, I directed the the Area; in other words, I was in charge. At first I was really nervous, but it turned out to be really great. I learned that I could do a lot more than I thought I could. Elder Hood also taught me some things that really helped. Makes me want to be a more effective Missionary :) Not knowing the language isn´t much of an excuse anymore not to talk/teach/take initiative. I am still learning how to be a good teacher, and I know that I still have a long ways to go.  

This week we didn´t find a single new Investigator... We need to work on that ;) 
But yes, I have gotten better at contacting people in the streets. I can now do so completely on my own! My Spanish / confidence is up to par. Relying on the Spirit really helps. We also use Taxis to get around, and contact every taxi driver. It´s hard because they always say that that don´t have time and are always working, but I can maintain more or less a conversation with the taxi drivers now too.  
Learning and Speaking a Language has a lot to do with the Culture. I understand now why they say that you need to live in a country to really learn the language.  

The little motorcycles that they drive around here to deliver food sound just like our dune buggies/4Wheelers. A little nostalgic :) Already miss the day trips in the Mountains. 

And thank you so much for your letter, Dad. You say that you don´t know what to write, but you really do. I am really trying to lose myself in the work, and show that love to everyone. 

Thank you so much for your prayers. It means a lot to me. 
¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ I love you all so much !!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment