Sunday, April 6, 2014

Hola - March 31, 2014

Well, I don't really have a lot to write about since my last letter on Thursday :) 
This last Saturday and Sunday my companion and I fasted for our investigators, and specifically for an investigator named Karla. She and he daughter Fatima had had baptismal dates in the past, but Karla has had a super hard time attending church, and only has 1 out of 5 times that she needs to attend. Elder Baptista is really wants to baptize her before he leaves the area (he believes he will leave this next transfer, because he will have been here 9 months, and it is his first area, too!). So we visited her and hit the importance of baptism hard in our lesson, and they accepted new dates and our invitation to attend church. we were super anxious Sunday waiting for her to arrive. Then they shut the doors for the sacrament, and we almost lost all hope. When the doors opened up, she and her daughters filed into the chappel. We were super relieved. If she misses a single Sunday, Elder Bautista won't be around for her baptism, maybe. We are going to work really hard with them to help them prepare for baptism! 

Tonight we are going to have family home evening with them and another member family, and we are going to teach the importance of keeping the Sabbath day holy and the importance of the sacrament. We hope that the members can help us out with their testimonies, so that Karla can fell the importance of coming to church.  

This last Sunday they didn't have very good themes for our investigators though... the importance of Home teaching, reactivation, and our combined class was on the importance of records. 

Oh! and I recived the package yesterday! Thanks for the sweets and the recipes. Sadly, I have nothing that serves as an oven to bake any of the recipes, but maybe I can make some no bake cookies soon! Thanks for the photos, and I loved the quotes. And the baptism certificate was a great idea. It came really crumpled on the edges though. And the Title of Liberty flag is super cool! I will definitely have people sign it. Tell the Flewallen's thanks for me! 

A lot of Megan´s cards made me fell sad though.. I hope she is doing ok. It is great to hear that Haylee is helping around the house! And congrats ShayLynn on your project! that is super cool! I hope ypu can feel good about the trip to Texas. 

I send my Love, 

Elder Redford

No comments:

Post a Comment