Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Painting - August 18, 2014

Wow, it looks good and colorful upstairs :) That's awesome! 
You are still cleaning up from girl’s camp? Sound like it really was a lot of work! 

Sounds like every week there’s a missionary home coming! That's pretty cool though. It is fun to hear about who is coming and going form the ward.

I am also glad to hear that you were all able to get together as a family and visit with Donna and Randy. I agree with ShayLynn when she says that we have ``such a great family!`` that is a very amazing story that happened with Travis. Hopefully three really is something great for him to do here. It is a testimony that we live by God`s timing, and that he will protect us from danger so that we can fulfill our callings here in this life. I really liked something that I read in the Liahona this week about that ( have discovered how much I love Liahonas/Ensigns!) . He said that he finds it odd that we, who wear a wristwatch, try to consult the being who manages cosmic clocks and calenders. It is true that even though we do not see it at the time that the Lord's time is always best :) 

What I am craving I do not feel that you can send. I think that almost daily I remember and miss camping out in the woods, the trees, the plants, the dirt. Here everything is concrete! And thankfully, they sell Peanut Butter here :) Peanut Butter Sandwiches and Toast with Peanut Butter and Jelly are a large part of my diet :) I can even get a bottle made in Texas with Texas grown Peanuts every now and then:) And I don’t have an oven to bake cake.... and if I did, I don’t want to pay the gas bill :) I am learning a lot, now paying rent for my house, paying my energy and water bills and all :) 

And it is a great relief to know that there is progress in the basement. I will not lose hope in a room down there, but don’t kill yourselves in the process. 

I hope that the girls can have a great first day of school tomorrow, and make some good friends and good memories! This year! 

To tell you the truth, I am struggling a little bit right now. We had to relax in our proselyting when my companion hurt his ankle, and now that it is almost better and he is just fine, I feel that we are still stuck in the same rut, feeling like we still need to take it slow, when really we don’t..... I have been trying to push us a little more this week, and be more diligent this week:) We even were asked to give training on being diligent on Tuesday during our Zone meeting, and I am trying to apply what I learned. We have a Zone Conference tomorrow with President Bird, and I am hoping to be able to find direction and encouragement in how I can work better, and encourage my companion to do the same. I am learning patience :) 

We didn’t have a single investigator come to church, again. It has been hard since our prime investigators moved away :) And another promising Investigator, who only needs two more Sundays before his baptism, has to take sleeping pills, and the last two Sundays hasn’t been able to wake up on time to attend (it is at 9:00 in the morning) But we are trying. We spent an hour before church knocking doors, trying to help get people to church, but they were all asleep! It is also hard because at times we are a little... embarrassed? to bring investigators to church because there are so few members that attend the True Church of God. It is a hard area, but I know that complaining about it won’t help, I am still trying to carry my positive attitude :) 

Friday they asked us to help clean the church, thanks to the small amount of members :) I enjoyed it though, and put to use my good Janitor skills, and it was fun to offer a little ´service´. 

I don’t have much to report this week, to tell you the truth. But I am doing well, and trying to see how I can do better here in this little ward. Thanks for your emails and the pictures. it is so fun to see you all and the doors and the basement and everything. 

And I know that Mom will be able to do a great job on her talk, as she has a lot of experience in that topic. Thanks for the times that you took the opportunity to teach me in the home :) 

Thank you and I love you all so much! 

Love, 
Elder Hayden Redford


    

No comments:

Post a Comment