Sunday, March 1, 2015

Good Week - February 23, 2015

So, this has been a great week, and I am super excited right now. Elder Weiss and I had been having a really hard time here in our area, but now we are seeing a ton of successful prospects. 

First off, we got two new sister missionaries, Hermana Riches from San Francisco California, and Hermana Flores from the State of Mexico who is a new to the field. They both got here to open the area, and had a really hard trying to get to know the area, and on top of that, trying to get their gas tank filled and their boiler working so that they could shower with hot water :) They are super great and really hard workers, they have turned the area around in one week and are getting used to things. 

We also got a new Zone Leader, to whom I am so very grateful, Elder Pendleton, from American Fork. We had Exchanges and he came to work with me here in my area. He put a great example to show me how easy it is to just talk with everyone and do street contacts, how easy it is to just simply pick up the phone and call members (when I told him that the members weren’t helping much, he just picked up the phone, went through our contacts, and starting making phone calls, asking the members when they could come with us. It was so easy, that I as embarrassed not to have done it before. I have repented :). ), and how to work more effectively to find the people who really want to listen, and to find new people to teach. I learned so much from him, and now I no longer feel faithless and stuck in rut, but now full of hope for the future, faith in the members, and a desire to work harder!

I am so happy right now! 
Especially after some awesome experiences that we have been able to have while working with the members. 

And we at last are having investigators go to church! We were able to get two friends there on Sunday, Ivon (14) and Uriel (17). We have high hopes for Uriel. 

I also taught the Principles of the Gospel class on Sunday, and my excitement must have shown, because it was a great class. I taught the Fall :) 

I have also been trying to understand better and develop more Charity and Love for the people. I have found that by doing so, I am becoming more bold. I have come to the conclusion that if I love someone, I am going to do all I can to help them come unto Christ. That I have to boldly invite them to read, pray, and go to church so that that happens. My companion told me that he has seen this the other day. I am so grateful to be spiritually progressing, and that the Lord is helping me out with my weaknesses. With all these things going on, I just feel so empowered. And I can testify that that is exactly what the gospel does. It Empowers us to do Good, and to Be good. 

We also found a living example of the Word of Wisdom. An old Stake President came to visit his daughter, who happened to be the sister that was signed up to give us dinner. We is 70, is still playing basketball and volleyball, has the strength to get up at 6 every morning, doesn’t have diabetes or any restrictions on what he can eat, and just full of energy. He attributed it all to living the word of Wisdom, and taught us how to live it more fully. Now, instead of snacky things, we are starting to but fruits and vegetables to snack on when we get better, and that helps us feel better too. The Word of Wisdom is so true! 

So yeah, that is how I feel this week. 
Thanks so much for all your love and support! 

Elder Hayden Redford


No comments:

Post a Comment