Wednesday, July 8, 2015

People in Church! - July 6, 2015

After church yesterday, I felt really good. At last, we actually had investigators in church. And, Hermana Guera and Edgar, my first converts, came to our ward today to say hi to me! It was great to see them; Edgar has grown a ton in the year and a little bit since I saw him last. We didn’t get to talk much, which I knew would happen, so I wrote them a card, encouraging them to go to the temple and to keep on staying active and to keep on sharing their testimony with the husband who isn’t a member. She also have me a couple Chile Rellenos to eat in the house ;) 

Also! We didn’t hear a complaint from the Relief Society Sisters in our Correlation meeting with the Ward Mission Leader, which is good progress. They had been complaining a lot to him. So, in these past two weeks, my companion and I have made a special effort to arrive on time every day, and I have been writing a thank you note with a little message to each family that we eat with, and leaving it behind on their table. Things have gone smoother little by little. For small and simple things are great things come to pass. I realized that that is a little talent that I have, writing letters, so I decided that I would put it to good use; with the Sisters in the Ward and with Hermana Guera :). 

We are still finding lots of good people, but many of them look really awesome the first visit, and then we find a road bump, and many still lack the faith to get over them, such as using work schedules and visiting families as excuses for not going to church, etc. But we hope in the Lord that we will help us find those who are truly ready and prepared to receive the restored gospel. 

On Friday we had Zone Conference with President Bird, which as really good. We Learned about Beginning with the End in Mind, and he wants us to talk about Eternal Families and Temples with people from the first lessons or contacts, and offering them to learn more and how they can achieve an eternal family, and also that we invite people to baptism as we talk about the temple; that we teach that families can be eternal if they are sealed in the temple, and that the first step to enter the temple is baptism. So, will you be baptized? It is cool idea that we practiced and I liked it a lot. He also reminded us about the importance of the Sacrament reading a story about how a general authority went to camp of soldiers during Ward War II and about how much they appreciated the Sacrament Meeting that he organized for them, and how spiritual it was, and Invited us to do a self-analysis during the Sacrament to make it more meaningful for us. It was a good conference. =) 

Well, those are the happenings here Montecristal. Hope all is well at home!


Love, Elder Hayden Redford

No comments:

Post a Comment