Friday, August 14, 2015

Elder Alvarez, Unluckiness:)‏ - August 10, 2015

Alright, so my new companion is Elder Alvarez, from Puebela. 

He is a pretty cool guy :) He was once very inactive and made some bad decisions, but has been able to turn around and serve a mission. We get along well :) I was one hundred percent sure that I was going to train for the last 3 months of my mission, but as always, the Lord surprised me :) Elder Alvarez has 10 months on the mission already, but its ok, it has been a fun week. He likes to joke around a lot. And for some reason (in a sarcastic tone) he things that I am one of the unluckiest people ever. Let me just tell you why :) 

So, the first day once we got to the house, we went shopping for food. And, since you can’t enter the supermarket with a bag, we had to leave ours in the front desk before we could enter (which is normal in just about every big store here). So, we bought our food and everything, got back home, and realized that we had left our bags back in the store! so, we had to walk all the way back for our backpacks, and that was the morning. 

Wednesday morning, the power went out. We have to pay it with a card, which we pass by the power meter of the house, and then have to take the card to a supermarket to pay the power bill. And since it is far away, the idea was to pay it Wednesday after a meeting we were going to have in the church, as there is one close by. But, it was a day late, and we they cut the power in the morning. Once we pay and pass the card, it comes back right away though.  We went to the meeting, got back, and found that the fridge was all wet for the melted ice from the freezer, because it had been off. Everything was wet. So we had to wipe it down and mop up the water, which made us late to an appointment. 

Thursday wasn’t too bad with the bad luck. Actually, it was good, because Fatima and Javi asked us if they could come out with us to teach, and it was good. We were able to contact a lot of people in the market and visit a young lady and encourage her to go to church, so it was a good day. 

Friday, our bad luck was that almost all of our appointments fell through. 

And Saturday we helped Helaman's family move (they are still in the ward), which was good. But when we got home, we found out that we had no water! We thought it was just our house at first, but then found out it was the whole block, and that it would be back the next day. ok. But in the night, at about two in the morning, the sound of running water woke me up. We had left the faucet on! And since it is somewhat clogged, it overflowed onto the kitchen floor. I thought, well, I clean it up tomorrow and went to bed. In the morning, we found out that it not only had flooded the entire kitchen, but also our study room (it’s all tile floor), and everything on the floor, including our backpacks and one of my suitcases, got super wet. My scriptures are now dry, but super wrinkly..... so we spent the morning sweeping out and mopping up the water, and taking things out to dry. 
So yeah, lots of bad luck :) Maybe it is because I broke the bathroom mirror last week. Who knows :) But it is a good thing that I am not superstitious ;) But, I am learning patience and perseverance :)

On Sunday Hermano Nelson was interviewed for baptism, and all is good to go. We just need to polish up the program and invite as many people as we can. Elder Martinez is going to come back for it so it will be good to see him. It is Wednesday. I pray that we can get everything all ready and that it turns out wonderfully :) 

So, those were our adventures this week. The Secretary called me to ask which Airport I would arrive at to buy my plane ticket. Salt Lake City. Wow! That means I am finishing up here soon:) 

Well, I hope things are fantastic for everyone. I know that our Savior really is aware of all that we do and all that happens in our lives, and that we can find peace and strength as we trust in Him and the Atonement. 

Love you all, 


Elder Redford

No comments:

Post a Comment