Friday, August 28, 2015

Hola! - August 24, 2015

Well it was a good week. I was able to have two interviews with President in the week, one on Wednesday the usual, every 3 month interview, and another on Thursday to renew my Temple recommend! It was been 2 years since I have gone through the temple! 

Since this would be our last interview before my exit interview, he asked me what my plans were for after the mission, and encouraged me to keep myself busy, because nothing good gets done with idle time. And he also encouraged me to take what I have learned here and to take it home with me. It was a different interview that I expected. He told me to just keep being diligent to the end and to be a good example for my companion. 

This week we decide to work in a few areas where we hadn’t really worked yet, since our area is really big, and we found the Elizarraras family who are members that haven’t gone in almost a year. They were really friendly and expressed a desire to come back. The dad is just having some road bumps with the Word of Wisdom, but their 9 year old daughter wants to go, and get baptized. It was really good that we were able to find them and the dad said that it was good to see that we hadn’t forgotten about them. So it was a good thing that we decided to work over there. 
 Hermano Nelson was feeling a little overwhelmed with having received the Priesthood the same day that he was confirmed. The bishop didn’t say anything to us or to him, but just sustained him in sacrament meeting for it and then sent for his wife during priesthood so that she was present, and they gave it to him. So this week we explained to him what the Priesthood is and how to bless the sacrament, so he feels a little calmer now. 

On Sunday I guess I needed to learn to improvise. I wasn’t sure if the bishop asked be to speak this Sunday or the next, so I didn’t prepare too well, which is my fault, and  I was announced as the first speaker. It went alright, but it wasn’t very organized, it was on following the prophet. Then the teacher didn’t come gospel principles, so we taught that as well on the spot, and then I was asked to give the spiritual thought in Priesthood. Maybe the Lord wants me to participate a little more =) But it was all good. We were able to have various people come to church, which was a blessing .

Well, that’s about it. Hope you have a fabulous week! 
Elder Redford  


No comments:

Post a Comment